The puzzles I chose to play with were," The Cat" and "Counting and Triangles 2" with my father that is a confident game player and always looking for a competition. These puzzles was a great way to practice the visual operations involving "pattern perception". We timed out each puzzle to 30 seconds each and both my father and I discovered different techniques and strategies.
Above is the first puzzle and I used the techniques of carefully counting the triangle even outside its broders and looking for patterns within the cat's body.
The next puzzle was a bit more difficult and we both were far from the right answer. We both counted the first sixteen trianlges and I counted two more big triangles after since the visual operation was determining the desired patterned.
My father used a simple and easy techniques by just counting the triangles that are within the borders and of the same color, because he didn't read the instructions or realize that counting the triangles outside the same color was permitted.
After my father learned how the method of pattern perception works he was closer to the right answer and path than I was for this puzzle. We counted the first obvious 16 and found 8 larger ones within the square. As he visually noticed patterns immediately his perception was active.
No comments:
Post a Comment